- Serves: Makes 12 square
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 300 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 mince pies, chopped
- 1 orange, zested
- 50 g pecans, roughly chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Next time, try using different nuts like hazelnuts or almonds.
1. Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with greaseproof paper. Melt half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water or in short bursts in the microwave.
2. Pour the melted chocolate into the bottom of the tin and spread out evenly. Put in the fridge until set.
3. Melt the remaining chocolate and add the mince pies, orange zest and nuts, stirring gently to thoroughly combine but without turning it all to mush.
4. Pour over the set layer of chocolate, pressing down to form an even surface and then pop back in the fridge to chill until firm.
5. Turn out onto a chopping board with the chocolate layer on top and cut into 12 squares. Package in clear bags to give as gifts or serve up for afternoon tea.
For more edible gift ideas, see our edible gifts gallery.
Rate This Recipe