- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling and resting
- Effort: easy
- 500 g lamb, minced
- 250 g pork, minced
- 50 g pine kernels, toasted
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- sausage casings
- hot stock
- salt, and freshly ground white pepper
- minted plain yogurt
1. Put the lamb, pork, pine nuts, onion, garlic, mint and parsley in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and white pepper and stir well until evenly mixed.
2. Fill the sausage casings with the mixture, using the sausage attachment of a standing mixer. Leave to rest in the fridge for 2 hours before cooking.
3. Put the sausages in a large heavy-based saucepan with enough hot stock to cover. Cook at a slow simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for another 15 minutes before removing from the liquid.
4. Serve with couscous and mint yoghurt.
Rate This Recipe