- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling, at least 2 hrs freezing, 15 mins softening
- Effort: medium
- 115 g marzipan, cut in pieces
- 600 ml double cream
- 6 tbsp mincemeat
- 2 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
1. Place the marzipan and cream in a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat until the marzipan has melted.
2. Stir well and then add the mincemeat and liqueur and mix well. Allow to cool.
3. Place in a plastic tub, cover and freeze with the part of the freezer containing the ice cream set to 'fast freeze'.
4. After an hour or so, when the ice cream has begun to freeze, remove it from the freezer and stir well so that the mincemeat is distributed evenly. Freeze for another hour or until solid.
5. Remove the ice cream 15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften slightly. Serve.
Rate This Recipe