- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g readymade puff pastry
- 175 g mincemeat
- 1 x 400 g tinned tinned pear halves
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
For the brandy sauce with apples
- 50 g butter
- 25 g flour
- 300 ml single cream
- 1 eating apple
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut out a 22cm circle. Set the pastry on a baking tray and prick all over with a fork.
2. Spread the mincemeat all over the pastry.
3. Slice the pear halves and arrange in a fan-shape around the tart - the thin end of the pears should point towards the centre of the pastry.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
5. Warm the apricot jam and brush over the top of the warm tart.
6. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachio nuts.
7. For the brandy sauce; Melt 25g of the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Gradually pour in about 200ml of the cream and simmer for about 10 minutes. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly and cook for another 10 minutes, until thickened. Cover with buttered greaseproof papaer and set aside. This sauce can be made ahead of time.
8. Melt the remaining 25g butter in a saucepan set over a low heat. Peel core and dice the apple and add to the pan, along with the raisins. Cook until softened, but still holding their shape.
9. Warm the sauce and strain into a sauce boat just before serving. Serve with the tart and the warm apple mixture.
Rate This Recipe