- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- butter, for cooking and brushing
- 3 braeburn apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ lemons, juice only, or to taste
- 6 tbsp raisins
- 1 package filo pastry
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
2. Melt a little butter in a heavy-based pan, add the chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and raisins and cook gently until the apple is cooked, softened and caramelised a little. Remove from the heat and leave to cool while you prepare the pastry.
3. Melt a little more butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Lay out the sheets of filo pastry, one by one, brush with butter and then place another layer of pastry on top.
4. Spoon the apple filling onto one edge of the pastry layers and wrap up to make a spring roll shape, tucking in the ends. You can make 1 large strudel or 4 individual ones.
5. Brush each finished strudel with a little more butter and a dusting of icing sugar and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
6. Remove from the oven and dust again with icing sugar.
7. Serve hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe