- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 200 g gingernut biscuits
- 75 g unsalted butter
- ½ jar lemon curd
- 300 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- lemon zest, to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
Cut the fat in this dessert by using light cream cheese and a splash of milk instead of cream.
For parties make them in shot glasses for a small sweet hit
1. Whizz up the ginger nuts in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. If you dont have a processor stick the biscuits in a large plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin. Tip them into a bowl.
2. Melt the butter and then pour into the crushed biscuits and mix to combine thoroughly.
3. Spoon even amounts of the mixture into your jars or ramekin dishes and press down firmly with the back of the spoon. Pop them in the fridge for 15 mins to firm up.
4. Spoon over a thin layer of lemon curd over each biscuit base.
5. Whisk together the cream cheese, double cream, icing sugar and lemon zest and juice until smooth and creamy.
6. Spoon evenly into the jars and smooth the top until flat. Sprinkle with a little lemon zest to decorate. Pop in the fridge, but bring out 30 minutes before serving so theyre not rock solid.
Need more ideas for quick puddings? Check out our easy dessert recipes
Rate This Recipe