- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the meringues:
- 120 g caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
For the topping:
- 500 g mascarpone
- grated zest of 1-2 limes
- 50 g icing sugar
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and finely sliced
- 110 g blackberries
- 2 passion fruit, pulp scooped out, skins discarded
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C Gas 1/2.
2. First make the meringues. In a clean, dry mixing bowl place 60g of caster sugar and the egg whites.
3. Whisk the egg whites and sugar until soft peaks form. Add the rest of the sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
4. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Spoon out small mounds of meringue onto the lined baking sheet.
5. Bake the meringues in the oven for 20-25 minutes until firm and lightly coloured but not brown.
6. To make the topping, beat together the marscapone, lime zest and icing sugar until well-blended.
7. Top each meringue with the sweetened marscapone. Top the marscapone with blackberries and kiwi fruit slices. Spoon over the passion fruit pulp and serve.
Rate This Recipe