- Serves: 8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the plums
- 8 Mirabelle plums, cut in half and stones removed
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 drops vanilla extract
For the pastry cases
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 400 g sweet shortcrust pastry
For the filling
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest and juice only
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 100 g almonds
- 200 g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 120 g butter, melted
- 8 tbsp lemon-flavoured liqueur
- 4 tbsp grappa
- crème fraîche
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3.
2. Place the plums flesh side up on a baking tray and drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with the sugar. Add a drop of vanilla extract to each.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Grease 8 x 10cm tartlet tins with the butter and dust with the flour.
5. Roll out the pastry dough and line the tartlet tins. Prick the bases, line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans.
6. Bake blind for 20 minutes until the dough is set. Carefully remove the baking parchment and baking beans.
7. To make the filling; preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4
8. In a large bowl whisk together the lemon zest and juice, double cream, almonds, sugar, eggs, melted butter, lemon -flavoured liqueur and grappa until well mixed.
9. Place two plums skin side up in each tart shell.
10. Fill two-thirds full with the almond filling.
11. Cook for 20-30 minutes until the filling is risen and set.
12. Serve the tarts with crème fraiche.
Rate This Recipe