- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 bunches basil
- 600 g ready-to-roll puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add the aubergine and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain through a sieve. Reheat the pan and fry the peppers for 2 minutes.
3. Add the courgettes, cook for a further minute and return the aubergine to the pan. Stir in the tomato paste and mix well.
4. Add the stock and season to taste. Cover the pan with a disc of greaseproof paper and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the basil.
5. Set the oven to 200C/gas 6.
6. Roll out the pastry to 2mm and cut out discs of two sizes - half with a diameter of 10cm, and the other half with a diameter of 12cm.
7. Arrange spoonfuls of the ratatouille mixture in the centre of the 10cm discs. Brush around the edges with egg and top with the 12cm discs, pressing down firmly to seal. Repeat the process until all of the ratatouille and pastry is used.
8. Using a 6cm cutter, push lightly onto the pastry around the filling to create a dome shape, then cut scallop shapes around the outside to create an attractive pattern.
9. Brush all over with beaten egg and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe