- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g wholemeal biscuits, crushed
- 55 g ground almonds
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 400 g cream cheese
- 105 ml soured cream
- 110 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- 50 g fresh strawberries, chopped into chunks
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with suitably sized paper cases. Combine biscuit crumbs, almonds and butter in a bowl; stir well and press 1 tbsp of the mixture into the bottom of each case. Refrigerate.
2. To make the filling, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar together until light and fluffy. Incorporate egg followed by egg yolk, vanilla and lime zest, beating after each addition.
3. Divide mixture between cases and bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes are puffed and starting to colour. Cool and refrigerate until needed, then top each one with a few strawberry chunks. Finish with a dust of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe