- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 minutes to melt chocolate
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 24 hrs to chill
- Effort: medium
- 2 madeira cakes
- 45 ml brandy
- 30 ml orange liqueur
- 75 ml fresh orange juice
- 100 g icing sugar
- 500 ml double cream, whipped
- 150 g dried fruit, uch as apricot, papaya, cherries etc
- 150 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids melted
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g hazelnuts, skinned and roasted
- extra melted chocolate and cream, to serve
1. Line 4 individual pudding bowls or ramekins with cling film.
2. Trim the cake and cut into slices.
3. Combine the brandy, liqueur and orange juice, dip the sponge slices in the liquid and line the bowls with them.
4. Fold the sugar into the cream.
5. Mix the fruit and nuts with three quarters of the cream. Spread into the bowls, and then mould a hollow in the middle.
6. Combine the remaining cream with the chocolate and pour into the hollow then smooth over the top.
7. Cover the top of each bowl with more dipped cake. Cover and chill for 24 hours.
8. To serve turn the cakes onto dessert plates, pour over more melted chocolate and serve with yet more cream.
Rate This Recipe