- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling time
- Effort: easy
For the ginger syrup
- 1 lemon
- 300 g fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 250 g caster sugar
- 500 ml water
For the martini
- 1 handfuls ice cubes
- 50 ml vodka
- 100 ml stem ginger syrup, (see above)
- 50 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 sprigs mint
1. To make the ginger syrup, chop the lemon and place in a saucepan with the ginger, caster sugar and water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 15 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is syrupy. Leave until completely cold and pass through a sieve. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To make the martini, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, ginger syrup, lime juice and mint. Cover and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, decorate with a twist of lime and serve.
Rate This Recipe