- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 75 g sugar
- 125 ml balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- large bunch of mint
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a gentle heat and fry the shallots and garlic until soft.
2. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, until it is completely dissolved.
3. Add the vinegar and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 25 minutes, until the mixture has thickened and has a `jammy` consistency.
4. Season well, stir in the mint and serve.
Rate This Recipe