- Serves: Makes 1 litre
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus churning/freezing
- Effort: easy
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1 handful mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 litre fresh ready-made custard
- 100 g mint chocolate sticks, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
For total perfection ice cream should be eaten the day it is made but a few days freezing should be fine. If it has frozen absolutely solid its best to leave it in the fridge for half an hour before serving it.
1. Heat the sugar and water in a pan until its dissolved into a syrup. Leave to cool and then stir in the finely chopped mint leaves.
2. Pour the custard into a large mixing bowl and gradually add the minty syrup stirring well. Then stir in the chocolate pieces.
3. Tip your mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until the desired consistency is achieved. You may need to pop it in the freezer for an extra hour to really firm up.
Are you a fan of the soft stuff? Check out our ice cream recipes
Rate This Recipe