- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus at least 6 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g caster sugar
- 500 ml water
- juice of 1 lemons
- 20 g mint leaves, shredded
- 1 kg mixed summer berries, (strawberries, redcurrants, blackberries, blueberries)
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Put the caster sugar in a pan with the water. Stirring continually, heat through until the sugar has dissolved and bring to the boil.
2. Remove the sugar syrup from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the lemon juice.
3. Place the mint leaves in a bowl and pour over the warm sugar syrup. Stir and set aside to cool.
4. Place the berries in a large bowl. Strain the mint syrup over the berries and stir gently.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
6. Dust the berries with icing sugar and serve.
Rate This Recipe