- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 350 g Romaine or Cos lettuce, sliced
- 750 g frozen peas
- 1000 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bunch of mint, chopped
- 01 lemons, juice only
- 1 tbsp sugar
- black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the onion and fry gently, stirring often, until softened, around 5 minutes.
2. Add in the lettuce and sweat over a low heat until wilted.
3. Add in the peas, vegetable stock and mint.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the peas are tender.
5. Blend until smooth, using a jug blender or hand blender.
6. Pour into a clean saucepan and gently heat through.
7. Mix in the lemon juice and sugar, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe