- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 minute steaks
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp olive oil, for cooking
- 2 handfuls of wild garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- 2 clove garlic, halved
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Beat the steaks out with a meat hammer until flat. Heat a griddle pan and briefly toast each slice of bread on one side to make it crusty.
2. Add a little olive oil to the same hot griddle pan and cook the steaks for 30 seconds each side.
3. Remove the steaks, wipe out the pan, add a little more oil and wilt the garlic leaves with a splash of lemon juice.
4. Rub the cut side of the garlic onto the crusty sides of the bread and firstly lay on the wilted garlic leaves, followed by a steak. The juice from the steak and garlic leaves will soak into the bread and make it moist.
5. On the other side of crusty bread, spread some mayonnaise. Sandwich the two slices together and eat immediately.
Rate This Recipe