- Serves: 2 as starter, 4 as a main course, 8 as party food
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 aubergines
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat the grill. Pierce the aubergines and grill for 15-20 minutes until the aubergine is softened while the skin is crispy.
2. Allow the aubergines to cool slightly then slice open lengthways. Scoop out the aubergine flesh.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic. Fry gently for 2-3 minutes, then add the aubergine flesh.
4. Mix in the tomato puree and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, mixing well.
5. Gently break in the eggs and cook until they start to set. Once the eggs have begun to set gently mix the egg into the aubergine mixture.
6. Serve the aubergine dish with basmati rice and Greek yoghurt for a main course, on toast with salad as a starter or stuffed in mini-pittas or wrapped in Persian bread as party food.
Rate This Recipe