- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g fresh luganega sausages, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 kg mixed cabbage, (Savoy, white, red, Brussels sprouts ), cut into wide strips, sprouts halved
- black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the luganega and fry, stirring now and then, for 10 minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic and fry until softened, around 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrots and fry gently for 3 minutes.
4. Add the stock and cabbage, bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe