- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g sugar
- 275 ml water
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 3 limes, peel of 1, juice of all
- 1/2 pieces preserved stem ginger, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls red and white currants, removed from their stalks
- mango sorbet, to serve
- sprigs mint, to decorate
1. Make a sugar stock syrup by melting the sugar in the water. Add the vanilla pod, lime juice and peel, and stem ginger. Simmer to infuse the syrup with the flavours.
2. Add the currants and remove from the heat. Leave to sit in the hot syrup for a few minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Serve the currants with a drizzle of the syrup and a scoopful of mango sorbet. Decorate with small sprigs of mint.
Rate This Recipe