- Serves: makes 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes including fillings
- Effort: easy
For each quesadilla
- 1 wheat flour tortilla
Gruyère and mango filling (v)
- 75 g Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp peeled and chopped mango
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and sliced
- pinch of finely chopped red chilli
Salami and mozzarella filling
- 75 g mozzarella, grated
- 1 tsp pesto
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 slices salami, cut into pieces
Tomato and goats cheese filling
- 50 g mozzarella, grated
- 25 g goats' cheese, crumbled
- 6 black or green olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 tsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1. Mix all the ingredients of the filling of your choice together in a bowl.
2. Place a frying pan (large enough to fit one tortilla) on a medium heat. While it is heating, fold the tortilla in half, then unfold it again so that you can easily see the two halves. Place in the hot, dry pan and arrange your filling on one half of the tortilla, forming a half-moon shape and spreading it to within 2cm of the edges.
3. Fold over the other half of the tortilla, press down with the flat of your hand or a spatula and cook for 34 minutes or until golden brown underneath, then press down on it again to help it stick together.
4. Flip the quesadilla over and cook on the other side for another 34 minutes. By the time its turned golden brown underneath, the cheese should all be melted in the centre. Lift an edge of the tortilla to check. If its not fully melted, then turn the heat down to low and cook for another minute or two until it is. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe