- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 pears
- 250 ml strong black coffee
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Tia Maria or similar chocolate liqueur
- mild yogurt
1. Peel, halve and core the pears and set aside.
2. Place the coffee and sugar in a large saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved in the liquid. Raise the heat to poaching temperature (lower than a simmer) and add the pear halves. Cook gently until the pears are tender.
3. Remove the pears from the coffee and set aside. Raise the heat under the pan and boil vigorously until the coffee mixture is syrupy and of a coating consistency.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Tia Maria or other liqueur. Pour the coffee sauce over the cooked pears and serve hot or cold with a little yoghurt if desired.
Rate This Recipe