- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g dark chocolate, good quality
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened, plus a little more for greasing
- 150 g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g plain flour, or Italian 00 flour
- 1 cartons double cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and place a baking tray into the oven. Lay 3 dariole moulds on a sheet of baking parchment, draw around them, remove and then cut the discs out as marked. Then press them all into the base of the tins.
2. Melt the chocolate and let it cool slightly. Cream together the butter and sugar and gradually beat in the eggs and salt and then the vanilla. Now add the flour and when all is smoothly combined scrape in the cooled chocolate, blending it to a smooth batter.
3. Divide the batter between 6 moulds, then whip the baking tray out of the oven arrange the tins on it and replace in the oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Then take out and place on either a small plate or shallow bowl.
4. Serve with a dollop of whipped double cream.
Rate This Recipe