- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 160 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 80 g butter, diced, plus extra for greasing
- 2 egg whites
- 55 g icing sugar
- 35 g plain flour
- 90 g ground almonds
- 4 x 10 g squares dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
2. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Don't let the base of the bowl touch the water. Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
4. Sift icing sugar and flour into a large bowl. Stir in the almonds and melted chocolate mixture, then fold in the egg whites until evenly combines.
5. Spoon half the mixture into 4 x 125ml lightly-greased ovenproof dishes. Place a chocolate square on top of each one and cover with the remaining mixture.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked but still gooey in the middle (test by piercing with a skewer). Leave the cakes to stand in the dish for 5 minutes before turning out.
7. Serve with raspberries and crème fraîche, if desired.
Rate This Recipe