- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 200 g tinned artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- olive oil, for brushing
- flour, for coating
- black pepper
- 225 g trimmed monkfish tails, cut into goujons (short, fine strips)
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemons
- 200 g new potatoes, boiled
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of finely chopped parsley
For the tomato butter:
- 250 g butter, softened
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes, in oil
- freshly ground black pepper
1. First make the tomato butter. In a food processor, blend together the butter, sun-dried tomatoes and freshly ground pepper until smooth. Wrap in greaseproof paper and form into a sausage shape. Chill until serving.
2. Preheat a griddle pan until hot. Brush the artichoke heart halves with olive oil and cook on the griddle until charred on both sides. Set aside.
3. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground pepper. Coat the monkfish goujons with the seasoned flour.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
5. Heat fifty grams of the tomato butter in a large frying pan, reserving the remaining tomato butter for future use.
6. Once the heated butter begins to bubble add the coated monkfish goujons.
7. Fry for 2 minutes, then add half the lemon juice.
8. Add the new potatoes and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
9. Add the cherry tomatoes and fry for 2 more minutes, stirring.
10. Mix in the griddled artichoke hearts and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
11. Transfer the monkfish mixture to an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
12. Add the remaining lemon juice and the parsley. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe