- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 175 g monkfish fillet, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 8 fresh bay leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 large fresh scallops, shelled
- black pepper
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
For the almond-mint salsa:
- 75 g blanched almonds
- 50 g fresh mint, leaves picked
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g pitted green olives
- 60 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
For the aubergine and butternut squash salad:
- 2 long, thin aubergines
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 100 g cooked chickpeas, drained
- 150 g rocket
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Toss the aubergines and butternut squash with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Preheat the grill. Heat a grill pan until very hot, add the aubergine and squash in batches and cook for 2-3 minutes until charred all over. Remove them from the pan and keep warm.
3. Prepare 4 spiedinis (kebabs) by threading alternative pieces of monkfish, bay leaf, lemon wedge and scallops onto 4 skewers Season with salt and pepper and brush with the olive oil. Then char-grill for 3-5 minutes until cooked and tender, turning them regularly.
4. Meanwhile make the salsa. Place the almonds, mint, olive oil, olives, orange juice, chilli flakes and garlic in a small blender and process until smooth. Remove and place in a bowl.
5. Place the grilled aubergine and butternut squash in a bowl, then add the chickpeas, rocket, remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
6. Place the aubergine salad on a serving dish, top it with the 4 spiedinis and brush the spiedinis with little salsa, serving the rest separately. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe