- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large monkfish tails, (about 600g total weight)
- 1 red pepper, quartered and deseeded
- 1 green pepper, quartered and deseeded
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered and deseeded
- 1 large yellow or green courgette
- 1 large onion, peeled and trimmed
- 1 aubergine
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 lemons, quartered
- dressed salad, to serve
1. Cut the monkfish into 2cm cubes, discarding any membrane or cartilage.
2. Cut all the vegetables into chunks of a similar size to the monkfish.
3. Thread the fish and vegetables onto skewers, starting and finishing with a cube of monkfish, and alternating each type of vegetable for a colourful effect.
4. Brush the kebabs generously with olive oil and season well. Place over a moderately hot barbecue and grill, turning from time to time, for about 5 minutes until fish and vegetables are cooked through.
5. Serve with salad, and segments of lemon for squeezing over the kebabs.
Rate This Recipe