- Serves: Makes six skewers
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g monkfish tails, bone removed
- black pepper
- 1 ciabatta bread
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 slices pancetta or bacon
- 6 dried fennel sticks (or long skewers)
- 12 scallops, with corals shelled and cleaned
- juice of 1-2 lemons
1. Cut the monkfish into 6 equal sized cubes, season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
2. Cut the ciabatta in half and then into chunks the same size as the monkfish.
3. Place the ciabatta chunks into a bowl, add the olive oil and stir well. Wrap a strip of pancetta around each chunk of bread.
4. Lightly season the scallops.
5. Thread the monkfish, pancetta-wrapped bread and scallops alternately onto the dried fennel sticks or skewers (two of each per skewer).
6. Season the spiedinos and place on the hottest part of the barbecue. Grill for 8-10 minutes on each side, until cooked.
7. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the spiedinos and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe