- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 400 g monkfish fillet, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cm ginger, minced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, dry-fried
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemons
- 2 red onions, cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 green peppers, cut into 3cm pieces
- black pepper
- barbecued vegetables, to serve
1. In a bowl, mix together the monkfish, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Thread the monkfish, red onion and green pepper chunks alternately onto long skewers, making 12 skewers in all. If using wooden skewers soak them in cold water for at least an hour beforehand.
4. Cook the monkfish skewers on a preheated barbecue for around 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
5. Serve at once with barbecued vegetables.
Rate This Recipe