- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 monkfish tail portions, each 150g, trimmed
- 20 g slice of fresh black truffles, finely sliced
- black pepper
- flour, for dusting
- 75 g butter, plus extra for serving
- 15 g French mustard
- 25 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- handful of mixed baby salad leaves
1. Using a sharp knife, cut a few incisions in the sides of each monkfish portion.
2. Insert a piece of truffle into each incision, reserving a couple of truffle slices. Season the fish with salt and freshly ground pepper and dust in a little flour.
3. Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Once it foams, add in the reserved truffle and fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add in the monkfish and fry for 6 minutes in total, browning each portion on both sides.
5. Meanwhile, combine the mustard, vinegar and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk in the olive oil.
6. Dress the salad leaves with the vinaigrette and serve the fish on top with a little butter.
Rate This Recipe