- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 green finger chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice only
- 900 g raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml coconut cream
- sprigs coriander
- 2 tbsp palm oil, (dende)(optional)
- steamed rice
1. Place the onion, chillies, tomatoes, garlic, coriander and lime juice in a food processor with a generous pinch of sea salt. Blend to a purée then pour into a non-metallic bowl and add the prawns. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat a wok or heavy based deep casserole dish. Remove the prawns from the marinade and keep to one side. Add the oil to the pan and then add the marinade. Cook over a high heat for 2 minutes before adding the coconut cream. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer for 2-3 more minutes when the sauce should be well combined and slightly reduced.
4. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the prawns are just cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper before removing from the heat.
5. To serve, pour over the dende oil and sprinkle over the coriander sprigs. Serve with bowls of steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe