- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 medium deiree potatoes, peeled and coarsely diced
- olive oil, for dressing
- 200 g (about 4 peices) morcilla, (Spanish black pudding)
- 2 duck eggs
- 1 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10 g mint, coarsely chopped
1. Cook the potatoes in salted water until just tender, then drain well and reserve.
2. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat, then add the morcilla. Cook slowly on all sides for 7-8 minutes until cooked through and firm to the touch. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Heat some more olive oil in the non-stick pan over a medium heat, add the potatoes and garlic and toss in the oil until well coated. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook over a moderate heat until browned, then turn down the heat. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the eggs.
4. Heat a little more oil in a clean, non-stick pan and fry the duck eggs over a slow heat. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and baste the yolks to ensure they are hot but left runny. Drain well.
5. To serve, arrange potatoes, morcilla and eggs on a plate and sprinkle with fresh mint.
Rate This Recipe