- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g brown shrimps, from Morecambe Bay, cooked
- 8 vol-au-vent cases, baked
For the sauce Gribiche:
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, helled, yolks and whites separated
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 250 ml olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 30 g cornichons
- parsley, freshly chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp capers
1. First make the sauce Gribiche. In a bowl, mash the hard-boiled egg yolks into a paste.
2. Mix in the mustard, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly as you do so, until the mixture thickens. Stir in the red wine vinegar.
3. Finely chop the egg whites and the cornichons. Add them to the sauce, then mix in the parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Mix together the shrimps and sauce gribiche. Place the mixture in the vol-au-vent cases and top each one with 2-3 capers. Serve.
Rate This Recipe