- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 4 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Put the carrots and garlic in a saucepan with enough water to just cover. Add a little salt and bring to the boil. Simmer briskly for 5-7 minutes until tender but not soft.
2. Drain, then tip into a mixing bowl. Crush the garlic cloves and add them to the carrots. Stir in the oil, vinegar, cumin, paprika and 1 tablespoon of the coriander while still hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle over the rest of the coriander. Serve hot, cold or at room temperature depending on what you're serving with it.
Rate This Recipe