- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 10 chicken thighs
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 700 g conchigliette, or other tiny dried pasta shape
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large orange, grated zest and juice
- 20 g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Put the cherry tomatoes in a large roasting tin and nestle the chicken thighs and garlic cloves among them. Drizzle over the olive oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Scatter the onion slices over the chicken and continue baking for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock until steaming hot in a saucepan or microwave.
4. Remove the roasting tin from the oven and stir in the pasta, cinnamon, cumin, orange zest and juice, and the hot stock. Season lightly again, then return to the oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes, until the pasta is cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Stir the chopped parsley through the chicken and serve straight from the roasting tin.
Rate This Recipe