- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 courgettes, about 500g
- ½ tbsp coriander seeds
- light olive oil, for frying
- 400 g minced lamb, not too lean
- 1 onion, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 2 tbsp dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 small handful pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon, grated zest only
- 6 sheets filo pastry, about 45cm x 30cm
- 100 g butter, melted
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
- steamed tenderstem broccoli, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Grate the courgettes and spread out on a tray or plate. Sprinkle with about ½ tablespoon salt, preferably sea salt.
3. In a wide frying pan, toast the coriander seeds for a couple of minutes, until aromatic. Tip them into a small bowl and set aside.
4. Put the pan back on the heat, add a little olive oil and fry the lamb and onion until browned, stirring all the time. Add the apricots, dried mint, pine nuts and a little salt and pepper. Once the strands of mince are browned and separated, turn the heat off.
5. Squeeze the excess water from the grated courgettes. Put them in a bowl with the coriander seeds, lemon zest and a little salt and pepper.
6. Butter the base and sides of a 20cm tart tin and lay a sheet of filo so that it half covers the base and half drapes over it. Brush with melted butter and dust very lightly with a little icing sugar. Repeat with another two sheets of filo, rotating the tart ring each time so that half always covers the base of the ring and half hangs outside.
7. Spread the lamb mixture on top of the pastry in the tin then, in the same way as for the base, add three more sheets of pastry in layers, brushing with butter and lightly sprinkling with icing sugar each time.
8. Cover the pastry inside the tin with the courgette mixture, then gather all the pastry hanging over the rim of the tart ring together in the middle. Brush the top lightly with the remaining butter.
9. Place the tart on a baking tray and bake for 50 minutes, carefully taking off the ring for the final 10 minutes so that that the sides lightly brown too. Finish with another sprinkling of icing sugar and serve hot in slices with tenderstem broccoli.
Rate This Recipe