- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 4 x 375 g racks of lamb, each with three cutlets, trimmed
- black pepper
For the couscous salad
- 300 g couscous
- 350 ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bunches mint, leaves chopped
- 1 bunches coriander, leaves chopped
- 16 - 20 green olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 preserved lemons, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- large handfull of pistachio nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas7. Combine the harissa, spices and grated ginger and set aside.
2. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan or roasting tin over a moderate heat, and cook the lamb, fat side down until coloured all over. Remove the lamb and transfer it to a plate or board.
3. Rub the spicy harissa paste all over the seared lamb and return to the frying pan or roasting tin.
4. Roast for 8 minutes for medium-rare, or a few minutes longer if you prefer it to be cooked medium to well done. Remove from the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
5. Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the hot stock. Stir, and cover with plastic wrap. Leave on one side for about 5 minutes, until the stock has all been absorbed.
6. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the remaining ingredients. Season to taste and serve with the lamb.
Rate This Recipe