- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g lean leg of lamb
- 1½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tbsp harissa, or hot pepper paste
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 350 g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 preserved lemons, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Coat the lamb in the black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan, add the meat and brown on all sides.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft and is slightly browned, adding a splash of water if necessary to prevent sticking.
3. Add the tomatoes, harissa and 425ml water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over a medium heat for 1¼-1½ hours, topping up with water as necessary, until the lamb is almost tender.
4. Add the chickpeas and pumpkin and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Add the preserved lemon, mint and coriander and serve.
For more tips on keeping healthy on the inside, visit loveyourgut.com
Rate This Recipe