- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 2 kg chicken, jointed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1-2 preserved lemons, seeds removed and chopped
- couscous, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Place the chicken in a large saucepan with all the ingredients, except the preserved lemons and couscous.
3. Half cover the chicken with water and simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Transfer the chicken to the oven and cook until the chicken is tender and the liquid reduced - about 1 hour. Add a little more liquid if it becomes too dry.
5. Stir in the chopped preserved lemon and serve with couscous.
Rate This Recipe