- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.2 litres organic full-fat milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla pod
- 150 g sugar
- 225 g arborio or carnaroli risotto rice
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- a few crushed pistachio nuts
- a few fresh rose petals
1. Put the milk and cinnamon sticks in a medium-sized, heavy-based saucepan. Split the vanilla pod, scrape out the little black seeds and add them to the milk, together with the pod.
2. Slowly bring the milk to simmering point, stirring occasionally, then blend in the sugar until it dissolves.
3. Add the rice and lower the heat. Lay a wooden spoon across the top of the pan to stop the milk boiling over. Give it a good stir every few minutes and cook until the rice is al-dente.
4. Add the rose-water and stir the mixture until it becomes creamy but not dry. If the mixture is becomes too dry, add more milk.
5. Take the pudding from the heat and remove the cinnamon sticks and vanilla pod.
6. Just before serving, sprinkle over a little nutmeg and cinnamon, then scatter pistachios and rose petals on top.
Rate This Recipe