- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinches turmeric
- 100 g toasted flaked almonds
- 100 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pinches sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g spelt spaghetti
- 1 bunches parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunches coriander, leaves finely chopped
- 1 handfuls mint leaves, freshly chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and gently fry until soft.
2. Add the tomatoes, cinnamon, cumin and turmeric and cook over a medium heat for about 20 minutes. The tomatoes should break down and become mushy. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and add the flaked almonds and chick peas.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook - according to packet instructions - until al dente.
4. Drain the spaghetti and divide between four plates. Fold the parsley, coriander and mint into the tomato sauce and mix with the spaghetti. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe