- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3-4 kippers, depending on size
- 200 g cream cheese
- large pinch paprika
- 1-2 tbsp single cream
Tips and Suggestions
a perfect pairing for Galton's piccalilli recipe
1. Poach the kippers in boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Cool slightly in the liquid then drain.
2. Remove the skin and bones from the kipper then weigh the flesh you need 350g.
3. Work the cheese to a smooth cream. Season with paprika, black pepper and, if necessary a little salt. Stir in the cream.
4. Pound the kipper flesh to a puree, and then gradually work it into the cheese (this can be done with an electric mixer). The pate should be soft and light. Pile it into dish to serve.
Rate This Recipe