- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 1/2 kg mussels, (de-bearded and thoroughly washed)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 450 ml white wine
- 100 g parsley, chopped
- whipping cream, (optional)
1. Heat up a large pan until very hot.
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all the ingredients except for the cream. Place all ingredients in the pan (do this quickly but take care when you do as the pan will be hot).
3. Place a lid on the pan and cook on a full heat. When the mussels are fully opened, pour in a little cream and stir.
4. Discard any mussels that have not opened and serve in large bowls.
Rate This Recipe