- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 1 large knob of butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 150 ml white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 small bunches flat leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Put the mussels in cold water and discard any broken ones or ones that do not close tightly when submerged.
2. Heat the butter in a heavy pan for which you have a tight fitting lid. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft but not coloured.
3. Add the mussels and sprinkle with the thyme. Pour over the wine and turn up the heat. Clamp on the lid and steam the mussels for 2-3 minutes. The mussels are cooked once they are opened, any that have not opened should be discarded.
4. Add the cream and cook for a further 30 seconds. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe