- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg live mussels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 150 ml white wine
- small bunch of parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
1. Rinse the mussels thoroughly under plenty of running water and pull off the stringy beards, throwing away any broken ones, and any which don't close tightly when you tap them.
2. Take a heavy pan with a snug fitting lid and heat some olive oil. Let the onions and garlic cook until soft.
3. Pour in the wine and as it boils and the alcohol burns off, add the mussels.
4. Cover them and let the mussels steam, they are cooked when the shells have opened.
5. Scatter with parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread, remembering to discard any that haven't opened.
Rate This Recipe