- Serves: makes 1 big round loaf
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 2.25 hours 15 minutes plus including rising time
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 15 g salt
- 30 g fresh yeast
- 40 ml olive oil
- 290 ml water
- 6 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 whole buffalo mozzarella
1. Combine the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and water in a food processor to form a dough.
2. Knead the dough on a floured work surface for 5 minutes before returning to the bowl and leaving to rise for an hour.
3. Fry the chillies in a dry frying pan for 1 minute, add them to the dough and then roll it into a sausage shape and flatten it out. Roughly chop the mozzarella and place in a line down the centre of the dough. Fold in the sides to form a pocket and roll the dough out again into a sausage shape of about 46cm in length.
4. Twist the dough to give a twirl shape and form the dough into a circle by pinching the two ends of dough together. Place the loaf on a greased baking sheet and leave to rise for a further hour.
5. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Rate This Recipe