- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the mozzarella and ciabatta sticks
- 2x100 g balls mozzarella, drained
- 2 loaves sfilatino, (mini Italian style bread)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the borlotti beans
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 1x410 g tinned borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
Cut each ball of mozzarella in half and thickly slice each half into 4 semi circles.
2. Cut each bread stick into 10 pieces.
3. Take 4 skewers and thread 5 bread pieces and 4 pieces of mozzarella, alternately onto each skewer, starting and finishing each with a slice of bread. Transfer to a baking tray and set to one side.
4. Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Fry gently for 4-5 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
6. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
7. Stir in the lemon juice and zest, a further 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the borlotti beans.
8. Add the basil, season to taste and heat gently.
9. Drizzle each mozzarella skewer with a little olive oil and season.
10. Place under the hot grill and grill for 1 minute on each side, until the bread is golden and the cheese just beginning to melt. Serve straight from the grill with the dressed borlotti beans.
Rate This Recipe