- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 tsp anchovy paste, or sun dried tomato paste
- 8 thick slices mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- black pepper
- olive oil
1. Spread the bread with the anchovy paste or sun-dried tomato paste and the sliced mozzarella. Press the sandwiches down firmly with the heel of your hand.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Lay the sandwiches in the egg so that they are coated. Leave to soak until required.
4. Place the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the sandwiches for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe