- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g cold roast leg of mutton, bone removed with the meat cut into thick slices
- 50 g butter
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 onions, sliced
- 100 ml water
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 100 g fresh peas
- black pepper
- boiled new potatoes, to serve
1. Trim off the excess fat from the mutton slices.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and onion. Fry, stirring often, until the onion is browned.
3. Add the mutton slices and fry for 2-3 minutes until browned.
4. Add the water, carrots, peas, salt and freshly ground pepper and simmer until the vegetables are tender, approximately 35 minutes.
5. Serve with new potatoes.
Rate This Recipe