- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 75 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs, blended with cold water to a purée
- 1 tbsp paprika
- pinches ground cumin
- 1 red pepper, pureed in a food processor
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp pine kernels, gently cooked in a little oil, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and gently cook the onions until soft and golden. Add the remaining ingredients and salt to taste.
2. Continue to cook gently on a low heat for about 10-15 minutes until the ingredients are well blended and thickened. Remove from the heat.
3. To serve: tip the muhammara in a bowl and garnish with pine nuts. Muhammara is eaten as a dip.
Rate This Recipe